Crescent Hose Co #2
FIRE - RESCUE - EMS
The Crescent Hose Company is always accepting applications for membership from individuals interested in assisting the community. Some benefits of membership include:
- FREE Training in EMS, Firefighting and Rescue
- All gear needed for the job, provided FREE
- Newer equipment
- Modern station with WiFi access, cable television, comfortable furniture and a fully equipped kitchen!
- An inviting family atmosphere
- Annual bowling tournament, golf tournament, and dinner dance (yearly appreciation dinner)
So what do we require?
- Must be 18 at time of application
- Must possess a PA Drivers License
- Must successfully pass a physical, PA Child Abuse Clearance, PA Criminal History and FBI Fingerprint Check (paid for by Crescent)
- Must be willing to:
- Attend Tuesday drill nights for training and meetings.
- Respond to emergencies 24/7
- Obtain a certification as at least a Emergency Medical Responder
- Obtain training in exterior firefighting
- Work during fundraising activities (Cherry Festival)
- Must be a resident of the 16428 zip code
So what's it like?
Whether it is a early morning EMS call or a mid evening fire, the community of North East relies on the members of the Crescent Hose Company to respond to their emergencies 24/7. The diversity of calls we handle is vast. The typical member joins the Hose Company and becomes a probationary member. The probation period is to determine if you are good fit for us, and if we are a good fit for you. While on probation, you will learn about the vehicles we have, the equipment we carry, and the calls we go on. You will also obtain some training during this time period. After making sure all is good, we will move you to active members status.
1) Obtain application from the Crescent Hose Company - this can happen easiest on Tuesday nights at the station after 6:30pm.
2) Return completed application.
3) A member of our Board of Trustees will contact you to set up a in interview.
4) You will be interviewed, at which time, you will also be given information about all requirements of being a member.
5) After interview, you will be asked to join us at a meeting to introduce yourself.
6) The membership will be given basic information about you, and they will vote to allow you on to probationary status.